Sunday, July 12, 2009

July 11 - Mother's Healing Garden

Mother’s Healing Garden

I have found a wonderful place to pray and think that I would like to tell you about. A few years ago, a group of mothers created a beautiful garden in memory of the children they lost. It is located in Dell Rapids, SD and open to the public. The garden has a open air chapel and a Labyrinth which was constructed to be used for meditation and prayer.

These wonderful women had a vision of a quiet place for people, especially mothers, to go to -- reflect, think, and pray as they grieve the loss of a loved one. I had only visited the Mother’s Healing garden a few times, until this year. This summer the garden in it’s full beauty and I have found the garden to be a wonderful place to think and pray. It is not that I am grieving the loss of a loved one, but sometimes mom’s just need some alone time with God. I can definitely feel God’s presence in the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment